“Providing service to the educationally deprived groups”
PDUAM Dalgaon provides education for socially deprived groups having poor enrollment in higher education. Since our college is located in a socially and educationally backward area, our institution not only provides higher education in science for students but also tries to eradicate the superstitions prevailing in the community.
- The college offers 16 Add-on courses to develop/strengthen specific career skills among the students. The courses offered in our college are job focused and provide a wide range of skills to the individual so that they can perform much more confidently and efficiently at work place. As majority of the students of the college come from the rural areas with weak economic background, such initiatives help them to have a prior knowledge of the job responsibilities and also to easily adapt to the work environment and quickly advance in their career. The courses are designed for one month and in weekly manner where the college faculties provide hands on practical sessions for the students.
- The college has online Admission Portal, online fee collection application, student attendance monitoring portal and e- voting system.
- College tries to provide competent framework to facilitate effective learning environment (Smart Classroom, Central library, Common room for boys/girls, hostel facilities, Gymnasium, playground both Indoor/outdoor, amphitheater, pure drinking water, facilities for differently abled students and conference hall).
- Each faculty member of the college is allotted with certain number of students for their mentoring process and apart from mentor-mentee counseling, the college also arranges counseling session by professional persons in both online and offline mode.
- The college has a Career Counselling Cell for students to make them aware of career and placement opportunities as well as entrepreneurship skills. The cell organizes training and career related programmes to acquaint the students for various entrance examinations to higher educational institutions and other career related advancements.
- The college provides assistance in obtaining scholarships to the students such as Fee Wavier Scheme, National Merit Scholarship, State Merit Scholarship, Post Matric Scholarship for SC/ST/OBC Students, Scholarship for Physically Handicapped Students, Merit cum means Scholarship for the students of minority community.
- The college has 5 well equipped laboratories under various departments. There are 21 nos.of Intel 7th Generator Core i3 (7100) desktops, one Intel Xeon AT310 Server, 300 MBPS Speed Wireless ADSL 2/2+ Broadband Routers with USB Ports, Wi-Fi Adapters for all desktops & servers, printer with duplex & networking, Flatbed scanner and 10KVA online UPS.
- Central library of our college is partially automated which uses integrated library management system software KOHA (Version 22.05.09). It has modules such as cataloging, circulation, acquisition, serial management, report generator and patron management. Our library has a separate digital repository section which provides question papers and e-books. Also, our library website provides open access e-resources, study materials and different magazines. Currently our library has subscription of seven print journals/ magazines namely Prantik, Current Science (Scopus Indexed), Competition Success Review, Sportstar, Yojana, Satasari(UGC- Care List) and University News
- The college provides the students with basic health facilities by organizing special health camp, blood donation camp, and awareness programme on malnutrition, women’s health and hygiene from time to time.
BLOOD DONATION CAMP14_Blood-donation-camp
HEALTH ASSESSMENT CAMP13_Health-Camp
AWARENESS PROGRAMME ON WOMEN HEALTH AND HYGIENEWomen-Cell-extension-activities
- The college has signed MoU for mutual cooperation with other institutes. The following MoUs have been signed:
- MoU with Sipajhar College, Darrang, Assam for student exchange programme, internships, faculty development programme, research and publications.
- MoU with Udalguri College, Udalguri, Assam for student exchange programme, internships, faculty development programme, research and publications.
- MoU with Kharupetia College, Darrang, Assam for student exchange programme, internships, faculty development programme, research and publications.
- MoU with Mangaldai College, Darrang, Assam for co-operation in the area of skill training, education and indoor/outdoor sports.
- MoU with MANTRA Associates, Jalukbari, Guwahat, Assam for joint training, education, research and development.
- MoU with New Sankar Aajan Diagnostic Centre, Kharupetia, Darrang, Assam for laboratory visits programs and practical related courses on Clinal Laboratory.